In my last post, I talked about relaxer which is the term for chemically straightening your hair.
Now I want to show you some of the different brands that you can buy!
1. Soft & Beautiful Just for Me
- This one is perfect for younger scalps. I still use this brand because it’s less harsh on my hair and it responds to this relaxer better. One time I used an “adult” relaxer and my hair was NOT happy! I was sitting there taking out knots in my hair for over an hour. It was a tough day
2. Dark and Lovely
- This is one of the most popular brands. Most adults in my family use this one, and they’ve had no problems. My hair, on the other hand, did not respond well to it but it’s all trial and error, so everyone kind of has to figure out for themselves which brand your hair likes.
3. African Pride Olive Miracle
- This is a brand you will see around the stores frequently. I’ve personally never tried this brand but have heard good things about it.
I’d say try the Soft & Beautiful Just for Me as your first relaxer, even if you’re not a kid. Then go ahead and try some other brands and see how your hair responds.
Again, you can buy most of these products at any Shoppers Drug Mart, Superstore, Walmart, or Sally Beauty Supply. The prices for relaxer can vary from $10-$20.
If you’re looking for an easier way to relaxer your hair because you don’t have anyone that can do it for you, check out my next blog post where I name some of the hair salons in Winnipeg that can relax your hair!