I like anything free. Getting my hair done has always been something inexpensive for me until I discovered weaves, but that’s a whole other story.
You want to make sure if you’re getting your hair done that you’re not paying too much.
Relaxing your hair could cost anywhere from $50-$250 depending on what type of extra treatments you get for your hair.
Braids can cost anywhere from $200-$500 depending on the style, length, and thickness of your braids.
- Make sure to do your research and calling different places to make sure you’re getting the best price. Because there aren’t many places that do black hair, there shouldn’t be
- In your research, try to get a second opinion and talk to someone who has gotten the same thing done to their hair.
- Some salons you call may say that they know how to handle the black hair texture not realizing that our hair texture is very different. So make sure you explain to them what type of hair you do have and ask if they specifical do chemical relaxers.
Again, I always suggest just getting someone to do it for you at home or learning to do it yourself! There are tons of youtube tutorials and pretty detailed instructions on the relaxer box. If you want to get braids or a different hairstyle, now that is a bit harder. While getting it done from someone who works from home might be harder to find, it definitely has its benefits.
- Cheaper price
- Because the money is usually just going to one person, they don’t have to add extra fees to the cost of doing your hair.
- Most of the time you’re at someone’s house, or they come to yours. This makes it easier for you to bring snacks and drinks and have them when you want and not have to pay the salon to have their food and drink.
- You can watch TV or movies while your hair is getting done which makes the time pass.
So there you go. You’re now well prepped to go out there and get that good hair!